Daily Skin Protection
COOLA FULL SPECTRUM 360° COLLECTION
With the times we are currently living in, screen time has skyrocketed for most of us with working from home, Netflix binging and endless scrolling (no judgement here). We know that blue light and its effects on skin health can be a confusing topic as it’s a relatively new concept to us all. So we want to give our customers the 411 on blue light.
COOLA’S PROPRIETARY FULL SPECTRUM 360˚ COMPLEX IS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN TO GO BEYOND UVA AND UVB TO HELP MITIGATE THE EFFECTS OF BLUE LIGHT, INFRARED AND POLLUTION.
It features a proprietary blend of antioxidants and specially harvested plant- cell cultures – all at their active levels – to help mitigate the effects of environmental and digital exposure.
WHAT IS BLUE LIGHT?
Blue light (also known as high energy visible light, or HEV) is the strong light that emits from the screens on cell phones, computers, tablets, and TVs, as well as from fluorescent and LED lighting. The sun also emits blue light, so you’re exposed to it when you’re outside, too. Yep, it’s everywhere. Research indicates that blue light can reach deeper into our skin than UVA and UVB rays, and it’s causing trouble all along the way.
STUDIES HAVE SHOWN THE FOLLOWING EFFECTS ATTRIBUTED TO BLUE LIGHT EXPOSURE:
‣ INCREASE IN OXIDATIVE STRESS AND FREE RADICAL PRODUCTION IN THE DEEPER LAYERS OF THE SKIN (1, 2, 3) ‣ HYPERPIGMENTATION, SIMILAR TO THE EFFECT OF UVA (1) ‣ DECREASE IN THE PROTEINS THAT SUPPORT SKIN ELASTICITY (4) ‣ SKIN CELL INFLAMMATION (5) ‣ DEGRADATION OF THE SKIN BARRIER (5)
COOLA'S SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN RESULTS
COOLA's proprietary Full Spectrum 360˚ complex is scientifically proven to go beyond UVA and UVB to help mitigate the effects of digital and environmental skin aggressors.
Before Blue Light Exposure
Fibrillin-1 fibers (highlighted in yellow) are critical to supporting skin elasticity.
Fibrillin-1 fibers were stained using immunofluorescent staining in third-party conducted ex-vivo tests on human skin.
After - Without Full Spectrum 360˚ Complex
Blue light exposure visibly impacted fiber structure, damaging the
shape and reducing the length (-36%).
Skin was exposed to Blue-LED 415 nm (5 mW/cm2 for 18 min) once a day, 24 hours apart. Results were measured after 72 hours.
After - With Full Spectrum 360˚ Complex
Applying COOLA Full Spectrum 360˚ products before exposure prevents up to 86% of the damage to fibrillin-1 fibers, maintaining healthy shape and length (+48% improvement vs. untreated). Skin was exposed in the same manner as untreated, but with application of COOLA Full Spectrum 360˚ complex beforehand. COOLA Full Spectrum 360˚ complex was applied 2x/day in each 24 hour period.
MORE ON OUR FULL SPECTRUM 360˚ TECHNOLOGY
Our Full Spectrum 360˚ technology is a proprietary blend of supercharged antioxidants and plant-derived actives – all at active levels – that are shown to help mitigate the skin damage from exposure to blue light, infrared and pollution.
1. Nakashima Y, Ohta S, Wolf AM. Blue light-induced oxidative stress in live skin. Free Radic Biol Med. 2017 Jul;108:300-310. doi: 10.1016/j.freeradbiomed.2017.03.010. Epub 2017 Mar 15.
2. Godley BF, Shamsi FA, Liang FQ, Jarrett SG, Davies S, Boulton M. Blue light induces mitochondrial DNA damage and free radical production in epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2005 Jun 3;280(22):21061-6. Epub 2005 Mar 29.
3. Staffan Vandersee, Marc Beyer, Juergen Lademann, and Maxim E. Darvin, “Blue-Violet Light Irradiation Dose Dependently Decreases Carotenoids in Human Skin, Which Indicates the Generation of Free Radicals,” Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, vol. 2015, Article ID 579675, 7 pages, 2015.
4. Third-party conducted ex-vivo tests on fibrillin-1 expression in human skin using COOLA Full Spectrum 360 complex. See “COOLA’s Scientifically Proven Results” section.
5. Liebel F, Kaur S, Ruvolo E, Kollias N, Southall MD. Irradiation of skin with visible light induces reactive oxygen species and matrix-degrading enzymes. J Invest Dermatol. 2012 Jul;132(7):1901-7. doi: 10.1038/jid.2011.476. Epub 2012 Feb 9.
6. Third-party conducted ex-vivo tests on claudin-1 expression in human skin using COOLA Full Spectrum 360 complex.
7. Supplier-conducted in-vitro tests on abasic sites (DNA lesions) of keratinocyte mitochondria at active level (0.5%) of one of the key ingredients in COOLA Full Spectrum 360 complex.